Triple Zero kids challenge is a free app available for Apple, Android and Windows. Children engage in scenarios teaching them how to handle different emergencies.There are 9 different safety scenarios to explore, including simulated 000 calls.
The game looks at key things children should know in an emergency, from basic information like their addresses and telephone numbers to escape routes and safe meeting points. Parents can benefit from these as well if they had not considered them before. Children are taught to stay relevant when making calls. They are also shown the cost of making prank calls to these services.
There are scenarios for calling, police, fire and ambulance. By playing these scenarios repeatedly children call develop the necessary skills and confidence that they may need in an emergency.
Triple Zero Ambulance Emergency
Scenarios include dealing with a medical emergency like a suspected heart attack.
They are talked through the questions they will be asked.
- Police, fire or ambulance.
- What is your exact address? How to identify your location if the adress is unknown is also covered.)
- What phone number are you calling from?
- What is the emergency?
- Tell me exactly what is wrong.
- Are there other adults who can help you?
- Always stay on the phone.
- Do you know if the person takes special medicine?
- Can you find it?
- Can you help him take it?
Stay calm and talk clearly.
Understanding unconsciousness and how to get a response are also discussed.
Users are shown how to make emergency calls if a phone is locked.
Do you really need an ambulance?
The app looks at the difference between situations that require emergency services and those requiring simple first aid (refered to as big accidents and small accidents.)
Triple Zero Fire emergencies
The following issues are covered in these scenarios.
- What is your escape plan?
- Every room needs two escape routes.
- When there is smoke get down low and move.
- Close the doors behind you.
- Leave keys in deadlocks.
- Know how to get out safely.
- First aid treatment for managing burns.
- Bushfire Survival plans
Triple Zero Police Emergency
Besides the information covered in the other scenarios this looks at.
- What to do if approached by a stranger.
- What to do if you see a crime.
- What to do if you see an accident.
- What if you don’t know which service you need.
- What constitutes an emergency.
This is an excellent app for educating children and adults alike.